I have now set up a 'writeboard', and there is clearly potential for using this with students. Being an open forum, others can add/edit entries in one central place, which has clear advantages over email or paper copies. There is the danger of sabotage, but I feel that if the content is relevant, useful, and collaborative, students are likely to give it due respect.
The downside with this particular format is that I really wanted to add a table, but it seems this was not a possible option with this version of a wiki. It would also be beneficial if contributors could add in different colours, but I was unable to do this using 'writeboard'.
I have also explored bluwiki and had a few teething troubles at first. After looking at some others - pbwiki etc - it is clear I need to spend more time investigating the pros and cons of each before I select one to set up with my students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment